- A form of internal hernia (usuall through iatrogenic defects from prior surgery)
- Can be found after Roux-en Y Gastric Bypass surgeries (a form of WLS: weight loss surgery)
- The Petersen’s Hernia is found between the transferse colon mesentery and the mesentery of the segement of Jejunum
- It is the herniation of intestinal loops through the defect between the small bowel limbs, the transverse mesocolon and the retroperitoneum.
- Laparoscopic surgery is a risk factor for this type of hernia because of fewer post operative adhesions.